Sunday, April 1, 2012

July, 2011: Biennial Decker Family Reunion (extended family on my mom's side)

Most of my mom's family lives in Arizona, so we aren't able to see them as much as we would like.  Luckily, every two years (or so, last year was skipped because my grandparents were on a mission) we get to have a family reunion.  I am going to copy-paste my reflections on the reunion here along with some pictures:

Well, I feel like I kind of missed a lot of the reunion because of all of the last minute Amazing Race preparations, but the parts that I didn't miss out on were fab. Here are some of my highlights:

- Playing catch the fish/snitch in the pool with Mike, Justin, Abbey, Caleb, et. al (can't remember exactly everyone who was participating.)
- Going along with that, I really got a kick out of Justin's super positive attitude about everything, he would always make comments like "this game is awesome!" or "this is so cool" and it made it fun for all I think. Too bad we (I?) didn't get ever get a chance to play Werewolf this year, next time we should for sure!
-Nikole: I liked chatting with you too, and I had the same thought that it was sad Chelsey wasn't there because you two were our best buddies at the last reunion. Remember when you showed us (me and Mike) that secret room/closet above the stage at the church in Half Moon Bay?hahaha
-Ben playing Phil at the pitstop/finish line for the Amazing Race and me pestering him to stay in character and providing cousin name prompts when necessary.
-Finding an elusive geocache just before our team surrendered all hope.
-Outdoor movie with popcorn, soda, and all the fam.
-Mike driving all over Provo/Orem/Lindon to pick up mashed potatoes for the talent show night dinner. Awww.... true love.
- All of the talent show awesomeness: Gifford's guitar skills + Zack's vocals, Jer & Roseanne fam cute Decker family song (I've gotten the chorus stuck in my head sometimes), Nik & Anna fam cute cowboy song dramatization, moshing to Ladd's band a la distancia, Lee & Cindy fam musical/bodily percussion skills, and of course, the songs and dances with Grandma and Grandpa. The cousin line dance with super fun/semi-surreal.
-Mike and I playing Perfect 10 until 2 AM with my dad and Ben after no one else took us up on our gaming offer. Sleep? What? :)
-Testimony meeting love fest.
-Gift Trap & Shadow Hunters with Nik & Anna fam. Thanks for being a good sport about the Hunters' total domination, Annika!

Probably there is lots of other stuff I could mention too! Thanks for visiting everyone--come again soon! Or we can bring the circus to you as well. :) LOVE - Alison

Welcome Dinner, Grass Hockey Game, and Outdoor Movie

Catching up

Girl talk

Cute Israel

Jess playing crochet

Boys at the swing set

Sam

Bruyn

Hannah

Davin and Jordyn

Sam and Mike playing grass hockey

Celebrating

Outdoor movie The Inspector General Catch phrase: "To the sky!"




Ice Blocking and Geocaching at Rock Canyon Park









Preparing geocaching teams

"Amazing Race" family relay race

My (immediate) family put together this relay race based on one of our favorite shows.  I will add more pictures and videos someday if I can ever track down all of the files!





































































Harry Potter 7 Outing

My cousins couldn't wait until the end of the reunion to catch the last Harry Potter movie

Decker sisters super excited to see HP7


Talent Show and Closing Dinner


Dance line

More dance line with cousins

Traditional Grandma kisses



 




The whole clan near the end of the reunion.  Love them!

No comments: