Friday, May 30, 2008

50 years!

I realized that I forgot to mention an important milestone in the Tyler family. This past weekend my grandparents celebrated their 50 year anniversary! It is really amazing to think of all they have done and what a great example they have been for our entire family. They were both the first in their families to join the church after they were married, so really all of our lives would have been totally different if it wasn't for all of the great and inspired decisions they have made. Mike and I both argeed that they set a great precedent for us. We set a goal to make it 50 just like them, and after that I don't think eternity would be very far away!
We had a great time celebrating this weekend with them. My grandmother and her sister were married together, so my great-aunt and uncle, Janis and Eddie, came from Texas to visit along with their family. Their daughters both have young toddlers and it was fun to see them. On Saturday afternoon we hiked to a beautiful waterfall and spent some time at my aunt and uncle's house in South Weber. Sunday we had a casual dinner at my parents, and then Monday night we had a beautiful dinner and program at Carvers steak house in Sandy. Unfortunately our family was a little late for that because we were trying to finish off a slide show/video for their 50th. However, it turned out great and we were able to catch the end of the festivites. Congrats to Grandma and Grandpa Tyler!

2 comments:

Chelsea and Evan said...

your grandma's dress is unreal! I love it!

Chelsea and Evan said...

No Updates :( Hahah..I am sure that you guys are so busy! we come back in a couple of weeks...we would love to get together with you guys!