Saturday, March 20, 2010

Innovative Instruction Competition

Much of my time this week has been consumed by working on an entry for this new competition at BYU. This semester I am taking a class about teaching with technology, so I had to create a project anyway, but this added a little incentive: There is a $4,000 grand prize, and $2,000 and $1,000 prizes for runners-up. This week we put together our video pitch and we thought it would just take a few hours. Boy, were we wrong. It ended up taking us over 12 hours to film and edit our 3 and a half minute video! Anyway, technology is fun and interesting but it can definitely be time consuming! I don't know what our chances are in the competition because a lot of the teams came up with some great stuff. However, I learned a lot and I think our video turned out pretty sweet (even though I look like a weirdo in the clips of me talking--just ignore that!)

2 comments:

Denée Tyler said...

Megan says that you all look really young to be teachers, but that's just because she's at UCAS where all the teachers are old.

Good job. You look like you're about to bust out laughing a few times. I love the kids you got to help you!!!

Denée Tyler said...

When do you find out who wins, anyway?