Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back to school!

Well, the holidays are over and it's back to school for Michael and me. This year we just stayed home in Utah for Christmas and New Year's. It was nice to have some time to relax, but it still went by much too fast! The first day of class was on Monday. This semester I am finally starting the education courses for my major. For those of you who didn't know, English Teaching is a limited enrollment major, so I had to do a ton of stuff to apply. After putting it off for a couple years, I finally got my application together and applied to the program... and I got in! YAY! This was around October. Michael also had to apply for his major of choice, Graphic Design. He had to submit a portfolio in order to be accepted into the program, and he finally did it too, and he also got accepted! Hooray! He just found out over the break. So, as you can see, we are finally starting to see the end of the undergrad. tunnel here in the Cañar household. Unfortunately, the tunnel is still a little bit long.


The main problem is we both have too much we want to study. Mike is hoping to finish a double major in Graphic Design and Latin American studies, and I am trying to see if I could graduate with Psychology as a double major as well, rather than just a minor. Mike still wants to apply for the BFA program in Graphic Design (right now he is in the BA track) which is more prestigous and can make it easier to get a job and start with a better salary. But, it will take a longer time in school. As for me, it is basically ridiculous to try and do more than just major in English Teaching because it is already designed as a 5 year program, but I just love Psychology so much! My goal/dream/wish is too get a PhD in a field related to Psychology one day (like when I am 50 and all of my now unborn children are grown-up). I would really like to do either Clinical Psychology or Marriage & Family Therapy. Maybe both! That would be amazing. Anyway, as you can probably see, there are just so many intriguing things to do and so little life! Michael's plan for after graduation to get an MBA (go to business school). Basically, there is definitely a lot of schooling left in our lives. But, we just have to take it one semester at a time, so here goes another one!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to both of you for getting in! My husband just got in to the teaching program at UVU and I am so excited...only a year and a half more until he graduates! Don't give up - you are doing great!!

Diana said...

Your ambitious natures makes me wish i was back in school again.

Jason said...

Congrats to both of you for getting into your programs!!! Good luck with your busy semester!